BKW’s digital energy management platform covers all relevant functions for the procurement and management of energy. Electricity and certificates of origin (CO) are currently available; the procurement of gas will be added at a later date. In addition to the procurement of basic commodities, more complex procurement models can also be integrated into the platform.
Market information: energy and CO market prices, expert commentary and weekly reports in one central location and always accessible.
Procurement: buying list with easy direct transactions and option for tendering via an independent platform to obtain the best price.
Procurement of certificates of origin: current market price for certificates of origin and procurement at the click of a button at the best price.
Reporting: your own portfolio at a glance, from management reports to individual contracts.
There are four different service packages with different levels of functionality and additional services for access to the platform.
Energy business packages
|The free entry into smart electricity procurement||Simple solution for digital power procurement||Comprehensive solution for professionals with additional planning and reporting functionalities and tendering options||Performance-based with specific services for individual needs|
Commodities and procurement models
Here you can find more information about our commodities and procurement models.
Individual advice for procurement
If not already covered by the procurement models and within the digital platform, we offer individual advice in the areas of market and portfolio consulting as well as procurement strategy.
The agenda for market and portfolio consulting is developed in consultation with the customer. The customer can send BKW questions about individual markets or the strategic positioning of certain products in advance. As a rule, several appointments are held each year, either on site or via digital channels.
BKW’s portfolio managers continuously monitor the key energy markets and identify the most important drivers. This way you are always informed, in terms of both the past and the future.
In addition, we support you in buying and selling decisions on the futures market for electricity.
We work closely with you to develop a specific procurement strategy. The impact of past market developments on the portfolio and the procurement strategy is reviewed and corrected, if necessary, during regular strategy meetings.
The strategies cover the following topics:
- Analysis of the load profile as well as monitoring for special features (seasonal effects, volatility) and associated impact on sales and in-house production.
- Segmentation of the sales portfolio (secured v. unsecured sales) and structuring in standard products.
- Analysis of the customer’s other internal conditions (e.g. analysis of existing risk guidelines, analysis of strategic orientation as well as personnel requirements) and external framework conditions.
- Processing and evaluation of various procurement strategies and selection of the final strategy by segment (type, products and period of procurement; upper limit; determination of dynamic limits).
- Processing of the risk framework for the procurement strategy on the basis of existing rules as well as specification of processes, including definition of limits (stop loss/take profit).
- Adjustments as part of a pre-defined review process.
- Ad hoc adjustments due to significant changes in key framework conditions after consultation between BKW and the customer..
Balance group services
Are you looking for a competent, reliable and efficient service partner to whom you can entrust your energy positions, metering points or schedule management?
With BKW’s balance group management services and energy account, you benefit from excellent interlacing and thus reduce your balance energy costs. Thanks to BKW’s flexible models, you can decide for yourself which service modules to utilise and can therefore maintain an independent market presence.
In addition to registration and timely matching of transactions within the framework of balance group management, we are happy to support you with services relating to schedule nomination and renomination. We have 24/7 operations and can ensure schedule messages and capacity limits across Europe in the following markets: Switzerland, Germany, Austria, France, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain and the UK.
With the post-scheduling adjustment service, we assume your deviation positions in day-after trading and optimise them on a multi-level basis in bilateral trading and on post-scheduling markets. In this way, we reduce your balance energy and you save energy and process costs.