We are digitalising BKW’s procurement operations. That’s why we’ve been using the Ariba Network cloud-based procurement system since mid-October 2020. Ariba Network allows us to automate the ordering process (procure to pay) and make it paperless. In future, we’ll also use Ariba Network strategically to purchase new products and services, and to improve the quality of our collaborative relationships with suppliers (source to contract).
Let’s PROGRESS together with our suppliers.
“PROGRESS” stands for BKW PROcurement – Getting ahead, Responsibly, Electronically, Simply and Swiftly. BKW’s procurement operations are evolving, are demonstrating responsibility towards the supply chain, and are being handled electronically, simply and swiftly.
However, digital procurement is only possible in the first place if both parties in the procurement process – i.e. BKW and its suppliers – take the step towards digitalisation together and use Ariba Network. We’re looking forward to the improved cooperation that it will bring.
Joint digital procurement with Ariba Network is advantageous for suppliers and buyers alike:
- Automated business processes increase efficiency and transparency
- The procurement process is handled digitally
- Business processes are presented in a clear and understandable way
- Administrative costs are cut
- Manual processing is reduced
- Sources of error in the workflows are significantly reduced
- Access is obtained to the largest business commerce network in the world
Ariba Network ist eine cloud-basierte Beschaffungsplattform, auf der alle Schritte des Beschaffungsprozesses von der Ausschreibung bis zur Rechnungsstellung, inklusive Risikomanagement und Lieferantqualifizierung durchgeführt werden. The illustration shows the sequence of the ordering and payment process.